Monday, March 6, 2006

This Blog




What's it all about?

I lived in Venezuela from 1989 to 2001 and it's an experience I shall never forget, especially trips to the Gran Sabana, the Rio Caura and the Orinoco.
One day, if I win the lottery or get a decent job offer I shall go back there permanently. In the meantime, I try and go back every year to keep up with what's happening.
This Blog is my attempt to put together all the threads from my investigations into the myths and legends of Venezuela's Indigenous peoples.
I also want to cover all the latest news stories about Venezuelan Indians, all the books that deal with the subject and any important features that I come across.
I also hope to publish stories from sources in Spanish that have never been translated into English before.
As much as a diary of my progress towards a published book I want this to be a place where others interested in Venezuela and its indigenous peoples can come together and swap stories and photos of their travels.
So get in touch and let me know how I'm doing.

Russell Maddicks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I added this to my favorites on my browser tab... I can't wait to read everything you've experienced!